Labels

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Peach Crumb Pie

I adapted this recipe from my mom's apple crumb pie that she made for our family when I was growing up.  She always made it with apples but any fruit works.   Since it is peach season and my husband loves pie, it was on the menu today.   You can use any favorite pie crust recipe.   I wish I could say that I make homemade pie crust but I don't!   Pillsbury is my personal favorite and it works for me :-)   Enjoy -- Ted sure did!

Peach Crumb Pie

6-7 large peaches
9 inch unbaked pie shell (or your favorite recipe unbaked)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter or margarine

Place unbaked crust in deep dish pie pan and crimp edges.  Peel and slice peaches.  Pour into unbaked shell.  Mix 1/2 cup sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon and pour over peaches.  Melt 1/3 cup butter or margarine and mix with remaining 1/2 cup sugar and flour blending well into crumbs.  Spread over top of peaches and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until done.  Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment