Labels

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chocolate Toffee Bar Cookies

I promise that I will be posting more than just desserts but these bar cookies are one of my go-to recipes when I need an easy dessert that just makes me feel better and today after work I needed to feel better.

A few weeks ago I decided that it would be really fun to play on our kickball team at work.  Tonight was our first practice.  The only bad part was that I didn't even make it to practice.  I fell outside work skinning both my hands and knees.  Lovely.  I am on the DL list before I even hit the field.  So what's a girl to do?  Go home and make cookies for dinner.  Sounds like a plan right?  I thought so!  Enjoy.  I will post some real food soon.

Chocolate Toffee Bar Cookies

2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips (preferably Ghiradelli double chocolate chips)
1 pkg. Heath toffee bits

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease 15x10x1 bar pan (preferably stoneware bar pan).  In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.  In large bowl, cream butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy.  Beat in eggs.  Add flour mixture and stir until combined well.  Add chocolate chips and toffee bits and stir until combined.  Spread in greased pan and bake approximately 20 minutes.  Try not to eat the whole pan when it is hot out of the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment